Investam-HK: Nasdaq set another record high leading major stocks rally as Market wraps up
The three major stocks in the U.S. were all green as market opens this week, ignoring the negative effect of the growing numbers of coronavirus cases all around the country.
By: Investam HK Limited
The technology related stocks which were led by Nasdaq Composite (who yet again set another record high for about 2%) ushered everyone else to a greener pasture on today's market.
Amazon's shares has jump up by 5.7% to above 3,000 per share for the first time while Netflix set another record high with a 3% advanced that lift Nasdaq's price just before market closed.
Dollar however is down while treasuries remained leveled.
Below are the movements in the stock market this Monday.
- The S&P 500 Index increased 1.6% to 3,179.72 at the close of trading around 4:00 p.m. New York time. Its fifth day positive gain.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Averages gained 460 points or 1.78% to 26,287.03.
- The Nasdaq Composite gained 226.02 point or 2.21% setting another record high to 10,433.65.
- The Russell 2000 gained 0.77%.
- The yield on the benchmark 10-year Treasury note raised 3 basis points at 0.700%.
- The yield on the 30-year Treasury bond was up at 1.467%.
- The yield on the 2-year Treasury bond remains unchanged at .161%.
- Gold has increased by 11.40 points or 0.64% to $1,786.13.
- West Texas Intermediate crude is down by 0.05% to $40.63 per barrel.
- Brent crude quite increased a bit by 0.70% to $43.10 a barrel.
- US dollar index (DXY) is down by 0.01% to 96.80 a dollar.
- The Japanese yen rose 0.1% to 107.37 per dollar.
- The British pound rose 0.1% to $1.2492.
- The euro gained 0.5% to $1.1307.
Catch up on the date financial news here and to know more about Investam HK Limited services do visit our website https://investam-
Investam HK Limited