WASHINGTON CROSSING, Pa.
Angela Giovine, Host,Extra/Ordinary Small Business
Debbie Yuengling, Guest Episode 14
Brian Orakpo, Michael Griffin & Bryan Hynson
Jen Andruzzi, Joe Andruzzi Foundation, Guest
Leslie Polizzotto, Thw Doughnut Project, Ep. 13
- July 6, 2020
-- An interview with Fred Beans kicks off Season 2 of Extra/Ordinary Small Business. Beans, who started in 1959 with one service station, sits at the helm of a self-made empire of more than 14 auto dealerships supplying 19 vehicle brands, employing over 1,700 people.
Season 2 guests of Extra/Ordinary Small Business include:
- Debbie Yuengling, D. G. Yuengling, largest privately held brewery
- Leslie Polizzotto, The Doughnut Project, creators of viral "everything doughnut"
- Tom Kulzer, AWeber, one of the original innovators in email marketing
- Brian Orakpo, Michael Griffin, and Bryan Hynson, NFL athletes now known as The Cupcake Guys, Gigi's Cupcakes Bee Cave
- David Beahm, David Beahm Experiences, world-renowned event planner who launched his career with the wedding of Catherine Zeta-Jones and Michael Douglas
- Jen Andruzzi, The Joe Andruzzi Foundation, nonprofit supporting cancer patients formed by Jen and Joe Andruzzi, Super Bowl champion and cancer survivor
- Ross Brunson, BookEase, expert in small business structuring
- Ben Scrivens, Fright-Rags, leading horror apparel company
- Tessa Miller, The Nest, vintage boutique
- Sarah Ford, Ranch Road Boots, former marine, Harvard Business School grad and maker of handcrafted leather boots
The show was inspired by Giovine's experience in supporting and promoting small and local businesses through her company, Happenings Media. This season, Giovine will turn the mic on herself, participating as a guest to tell her journey from a career in pharmaceutical finance to the owner of a small media company now 11 years old.
"We're living through a time in which entrepreneurs of a certain type are being worshipped,"
says Angela Giovine, host of the Extra/Ordinary Small Business podcast. "Startups that receive millions, billions of dollars in funding are glorified in the media and in pop culture. Often the entrepreneur or the startup is revered for the size of the funding rather than its revenue number or its contribution to the market or society. To me, this is a mistake. Our country is home to 27.9 million small businesses. These small businesses employ neighbors, contribute to the community, and provide unique value. And yet, our society often misplaces its admiration, overlooking these small business heroes."
Extra/Ordinary Small Business can be found on all podcast platforms including Apple Podcasts and Spotify.
For more information about the Extra/Ordinary Small Business Podcast, please head to extraordinarysmallbusiness.com
Podcast Logos: https://bit.ly/eosblogos
About the Host: https://bit.ly/angelagiovinehost
PR Kit: https://bit.ly/eosbprkit