China Implements New Mandatory National Standard for Static Protective Clothing
China's new mandatory national standard for protective clothing – static protective clothing (GB12014-2019) – will come into effect on July 1, 2020.
The new standard – GB 12014-2019 – covers protective clothing that is used in dangerous environments, where electric shock, fire, or explosion may be caused by static electricity. It does not cover static protective clothing that uses nonwoven materials and offers protection against source voltages.
GB 12014-2019 replaces two standards:
· GB 12014-2009 - Protective clothing - Static protective clothing
· GB/T 23464-2009 - Protective clothing - Static protective wool knitting clothing
In addition, it contains multiple revisions, such as:
· Inclusion of main technical content of GB/T 23464-2009 Protective clothing - Static protective wool knitting clothing
· Addition of technical requirements for fabric tear strength, decomposable carcinogenic aromatic amines, and odor
· Cancelation of the grade of static protective clothing
· Clarification of the test procedure and requirements for the electric charge and point-to-point resistance of the static protective clothing
· Instruction for use for static protective clothing revised
The new standard covers the main technical requirements, and physical and chemical performance requirements for both woven and knitted fabrics. To learn more, view our original SafeGuard 069/20 (https://www.sgs.com/
GB12014-2019 was included in China's No. 17 announcement of newly approved national standards in 2019. It will come into effect on July 1, 2020.
SGS Softlines Services
SGS has a worldwide network of over 40 state-of-the-
SGS SafeGuardS keep you up to date with the latest news and developments in the consumer goods industry. Read the full China Releases an Updated Mandatory National Standard for Protective Clothing - Static Protective Clothing GB12014-2019 (https://www.sgs.com/
Subscribe here (http://www.sgs.com/
For further information contact:
China Softlines Marketing Office
Asia - Shanghai
Tel: +86 (0)21 61072840 (tel:%208602161072840)
SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.