Pirate Chain Creates Worlds First Z to Z-only Mobile Wallet

Skull Island, the first z-z mobile wallet by Pirate Chain, now on Android
By: Pirate Chain (ARRR)
1 2
Mobile Wallet
Mobile Wallet
WASHINGTON - May 27, 2020 - PRLog -- Pirate Chain announced the release of the world's first z to z (shielded transaction)-only mobile wallet, with massive help from Zero's Lead Developer CryptoForge.

Zk-SNARKs shielded transactions are typically very difficult to integrate into most platforms. More often than not, projects choose both transparent and shielded transactions to ease integration; however, privacy becomes an optional secondary feature. Pirate Chain has always taken the stance of Privacy by Default, and Optional Privacy is Not Private. This is why their chain is 99% shielded, with the remaining 1% being transparent block rewards for chain audit.

CryptoForge began work on the mobile wallet soon after ZCash released the code that enables shielded transactions on mobile phones.  Zero's zk-SNARKS mobile wallet includes the ability to send both transparent and shielded transactions. Seeing this, Pirate Chain's First Mate Lootz enlisted the help of CryptoForge to develop a mobile wallet for shielded-only transactions. This is the world's first instance of a mobile wallet for shielded-only zk-SNARKs based transactions. Excitement is already brewing for this major step forward for the cryptocurrency industry and privacy sector.

After months of hard work and rigorous testing, the mobile wallet for Android phones is publicly released today. Dubbed "Skull Island", the wallet not only allows users to send and receive shielded transactions, it also includes a secure private messaging function for sending untraceable messages.

Skull Island adds to the collection of wallets developed by Pirate Chain. Users can choose to run their own full-node or lite wallet on every major platform. The mobile wallet is currently being ported to Apple's iOS.



Find out more about the history of Pirate Chain here: https://www.pirate.si/timeline/

Pirate Chain

Website: https://pirate.black

Twitter: https://twitter.com/piratechain

Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/piratechain/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/piratechain

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/piratechain/

Discord: https://discord.gg/CNZXMmZ

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/piratechain

Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/piratechain

Media Contact


Like PRLog?
Click to Share