Special Report explains how to transition to a carbon-free electricity system and make UK 'Net Zero'
As society struggles with rising greenhouse gas emissions, Globe Law and Publishing launches a Special Report by Hugo Lidbetter on Decarbonising Energy: The Pathway to Net Zero
In Decarbonising Energy: The Pathway to Net Zero, Hugo Lidbetter, a Partner in Energy and Natural Resources at Fieldfisher, explains how to find the pathway to better energy.
This Special Report:
Helps readers understand today's most pressing energy-related issues and the implications of the UK's ambition to transition to a carbon-free electricity system by 2050 (Net Zero).
• Explains the importance of renewable technology to the global and UK energy supply
• Covers the Paris Agreement and Net Zero policy, where they came from, how realistic their goals are and how to achieve them.
• Outlines the UK's main generation technologies, how they work, what policy drivers determine investment in renewable technology and what issues arise from the need to invest in renewable technology.
• Explains how the UK electricity system works and how the National Grid maintains continuous real-time balance of electricity supply and demand.
• Covers what new technologies will be required to deliver Net Zero (eg carbon capture and storage technology).
To interview Hugo Lidbetter or for a review copy of Decarbonising Energy: The Pathway to Net Zero, please contact Sian O'Neill.
About Globe Law and Business
Globe Law and Business was established in 2005, and from the very beginning, we set out to create law books which are sufficiently high level to be of real use to the experienced professional, yet still accessible and easy to navigate. Most of our authors are drawn from Magic Circle and other top commercial firms, both in the UK and internationally.
Our titles are carefully produced, with the utmost attention paid to editorial, design and production processes. We hope this results in high-quality books which are easy to read, and a pleasure to own. All our new books are also available as ebooks, which are compatible with most desktop, laptop and tablet devices. We have recently expanded our portfolio to include a new range of journals and Special Reports, available both digitally and in hard copy format, and produced to the same high standards as our books.