Easy Inexpensive Family Meals For You
By: Temple Display
• 1 package (16 ounces) potato gnocchi
• 1-pound ground chicken
• 1/2 cup chopped onion
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
• Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
Cook gnocchi according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook chicken and onion in oil over medium heat until chicken is no longer pink; drain if necessary. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, salt and oregano; cook until heated through, 5-10 minutes.
Drain gnocchi; gently stir into skillet. Garnish servings with cheese if desired.
Look for potato gnocchi in the pasta or frozen foods section.
Brought to you by: https://www.tasteofhome.com/
Cheese Stuffed Manicotti
14 pieces ronzoni manicotti, uncooked
3 1⁄2 cups two 15 oz. containers ricotta cheese
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1⁄2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
25 ounces spaghetti sauce
• Heat oven to 350°F
• Bring 5 quarts of water to a rapid boil. For best results, add 1 tablespoons of salt.
• Add pasta and stir; return to rapid boil.
• Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 6 minutes.
• Remove noodles from boiling water and place them in a bowl of cold water. Tubes will be firm; making them easy to fill but will finish cooking and become soft and tender while cooking in the oven.
• In a large bowl stir together ricotta cheese, 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, eggs, parsley and seasonings.
• Pour enough spaghetti sauce in the bottom of a 13×9-inch pan to just cover the bottom of the pan.
• Spoon about 1/3 cup cheese mixture into each pasta tube; place in the pre-sauced pan.
• Pour the remainder of sauce over filled pasta; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
• Cover with foil; bake 35 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
• Remove from the oven and serve.
Brought to you by: https://www.food.com/
This blog was brought to you by Temple Display (https://www.templedisplay.com/