News By Tag
News By Location
Follow on Google News
National Opioid Crisis Expert Dr. John Rosa Says Isolation Can Be Both Life-Saving And Deadly
By: Dr. John Rosa
ROCKVILLE, MD. April 20, 2020: Owner of Accessible Beltway Clinics and opioid crises expert, Dr. John Rosa, posted a new blog on his website entitled, "The COVID-19 Pandemic Is Making The Opioid Addiction Epidemic Worse." Dr. Rosa makes a plea for finding a way to help the millions of people addicted to opioids during this challenging time.
Dr. Rosa writes, "When a pandemic that requires people to self-isolate crashes headlong into an ongoing epidemic that is fueled by loneliness and isolation, things are going to get increasingly harmful." He adds, "And that is exactly what is happening as the COVID-19 pandemic crosses paths with the opioid epidemic."
"Isolation and loneliness have an overwhelming effect on people who are addicted to drugs and other substances,"
Read the entire blog at https://www.drjohnrosa.com/
About Dr. John Rosa:
Dr. John Rosa owns and supervises Accessible Beltway Clinics, which is comprised of 17 clinics in Maryland and Virginia that sees over 60,000 patient visits per year.
Leader in Chiropractic:
Trustee of New York Chiropractic College for over 15 years serving final 3-year term as Chairman of the Board and given the honor or Board Emeritus post service. Awarded the highest recognitions in Chiropractic Medicine as Fellow of the American Chiropractic Colleges and Fellow of the International Chiropractic Colleges.
Integrative Medicine Specialist:
• Current Vice Chair of the Board to Maryland University of Integrative Health
• Consultant on Integrative Medicine to hospital cancer center
• Reduced opioid prescriptions by 70% by integrating Chiropractic, physical therapy and behavioral medicine in a primary care setting
• Expert/Speaker – Educating medical community on the Integrative Medicine approach
Opioid Crisis Expert:
• White House Surrogate
• Law Enforcement Consultant (Homeland Security, CBP, DOJ, DEA and Postal)
• State and National Consultant to Opioid Task Forces
• Corporate and Professional Organization Consultant
• Best-Selling Author®
• Board member of the National Italian American Foundation
• Founder of "Overdose Free America" a nonprofit 501c which uses the power of celebrity and entertainment to bring visibility to the Opioid Crisis