Businesses can access free resources for team, laid off workers
Newland Associates offers expertise for businesses during COVID-19
By: Wellons Communications
Newland Associates, a leading human resource consulting firm, is providing that business support through free resources.
"The businesses landscape has changed drastically, but our mission has not," said Robert Newland, CEO of Newland Associates. "Helping both employers and employees during the toughest times is what we have always done, and it's more important now than ever."
To provide that assistance, Newland Associates has rolled out a free business support package. This includes access to Skillsoft business continuity training with virtual courses for teams in areas like:
• Responding Effectively to Risks
• Forging Ahead with Perseverance and Resilience
• Managing in a Crisis
• Establishing Effective Virtual Teams
• Becoming a Successful Collaborator
• Facing Virtual Team Challenges
• Assessing your Organization's Risks
• Cisco Webex Meetings: Organizing & Hosting Meetings
• Cisco Webex Teams: Using the Collaboration Tools
• Google Hangouts Meet: Using Hangouts Meet on the Web
• Microsoft Office 356 Teams: Call and Meeting Tools
An additional package provides career support for employees who might have been laid off. It includes:
• Access to 24 Live Q&A webinars over the course of 8 weeks to help employees impacted by COVID-19 adjust to the change of trying to find a new job
• Access to special low rate for Resume Development and Review, LinkedIn Profile Development, Career Coaching Sessions or any combination of these.
The resources draw from Newland Associates' 30 years of experience in lifting stress and anxiety off the shoulders of both employers and employees impacted by furloughs and layoffs. They are intended for management, current employees and laid off workers.
"We're here to help in any way we can by providing answers and giving support," Newland said. "This is a totally different landscape for everyone, but providing resources for businesses facing these types of situations has always been at our core."
You can learn more about these support packages and resources here. In addition to these packages, Newland Associates is offering a resource center with free webinars and blog articles.
For more information, visit http://newland-