National Opioid Crisis Expert Dr. John Rosa Encourages Individual Responsibility
By: Dr. John Rosa
ROCKVILLE, MD. April 13, 2020: Dr. John Rosa, dynamic speaker and national opioid crisis expert, posted a new article on his website entitled, "The Effect Of COVID19 Pandemic On The Opioid Epidemic," in which Dr. Rosa acknowledges that unlike gun deaths and opioid deaths, the pandemic cannot be ignored.
According to Dr. Rosa, "During the social distancing and self-isolation required during the COVID19 pandemic, many people will be able to handle the lack of socializing for a while." He adds, "We have technology that allows us to visit with our friends and loved ones." He elaborates further, "However, while most of us prepare to hunker down at home and self-isolate with our favorite foods and abundant supplies of toilet paper, there is a segment of the population that will have a very difficult time with social isolation."
Dr. Rosa continues, "People who are addicted to opioids, alcohol and other drugs and have been attending 12-Step programs will no longer be able to meet and talk about their challenges. For these people, isolation actually feeds addiction. Patients that rely on Chiropractic, physical therapy and acupuncture for pain control are finding it hard to find clinics that haven't shut their doors. clinics are closed. Relapses are already being reported at a higher rate in just the last few weeks."
Read the entire article at https://www.drjohnrosa.com/
About Dr. John Rosa:
Dr. John Rosa owns and supervises Accessible Beltway Clinics, which is comprised of 17 clinics in Maryland and Virginia that sees over 60,000 patient visits per year.
Leader in Chiropractic:
Trustee of New York Chiropractic College
Fellow of the American Chiropractic Colleges
Fellow of the International Chiropractic Colleges.
Integrative Medicine Specialist:
• Current Vice Chair of the Board to Maryland University of Integrative Health
• Consultant on Integrative Medicine to hospital cancer center
• Reduced opioid prescriptions by 70% by integrating Chiropractic, physical therapy and behavioral medicine in a primary care setting
• Expert/Speaker – Educating medical community on the Integrative Medicine approach
Opioid Crisis Expert:
• White House Surrogate
• Law Enforcement Consultant
• State and National Consultant to Opioid Task Forces
• Best-Selling Author®
• Board member of the National Italian American Foundation
• Founder of "Overdose Free America"