News By Tag
News By Place
Follow on Google News
Can you eat burrata during pregnancy
Cheese is an important source of protein and calcium. But there are cheeses that should not be consumed during pregnancy. Different types of raw milk cheese promote the growth of certain bacteria that can cause food poisoning.
By: kids chelderns health
Raw milk cheese - how to recognize it
You can recognize raw milk cheese by the fact that the note "made from raw milk" can be found on the packaging. If this information is not available, the cheese is made from pasteurized milk. If you want to buy cheese from the counter, ask the seller or look for signs. If in doubt, prefer not to buy.
Cheese - these varieties are allowed (without the rind!)
* Packaged sliced and soft cheese made from pasteurized milk such as Gouda, Edam, butter cheese, Leerdamer, Tilsiter
* Hard cheeses such as Appenzeller, Bergkäse, Comté, Chester, Emmentaler, Gruyère, Parmesan
* industrially produced and packaged feta cheese, cream cheese, granular cream cheese ("cottage cheese"), mascarpone, mozzarella, ricotta
Some varieties need to be thermally treated
Some cheeses should not be on the menu unless they have been heated to at least 70 ° C for at least two minutes. Because the dangerous pathogens of listeriosis and toxoplasmosis are killed if they are exposed to temperatures above 70 ° C for a few minutes. It is important that the inside of the cheese also reaches this temperature for at least two minutes. Mere melting is not enough, the cheese has to simmer for a few minutes. You should note this for the following types of cheese:
* All types of cheese rind!
* Soft cheeses such as Brie, Camembert, Mont d'Or, Rocamadour, Roquefort, Gorgonzola
* Soft cheese with red smear like Limburger, Munster, Romadur
* Sour milk cheese such as hand cheese, Harz roller, basket cheese, Mainz cheese, pointed cheese, bar cheese
* Pickled or cream cheese from open jars for removal, such as feta cheese, sheep cheese, mozzarella, goat cheese
* already grated cheese
* Cheese from salad counters in the canteen or in the restaurant.