AGT Winner, Kodi Lee, Headlines Unicorn Children's Foundation 25th Anniversary Royal Ball
The event chaired by Angela Fisher, President of Unicorn Children's Foundation, and Valeria Rosenbloom, Lifetime Grand Benefactor, honored the "Precious Jewels" who have helped raise nearly $18 million dollars over the past 25 years. Diane DaSilva was inducted into Unicorn's Visionary Society, an exclusive club that recognizes extraordinary women who are united by their acts of generosity. Nearly $450,000 was raised to support the launch of the Unicorn Connection Center, a one stop shop to support families whose children have intellectual and developmental disabilities which affect 1 out of every 6 children.
Unicorn Children's Foundation has been opening doors for 25 years through its cradle to career initiatives supporting people with special needs.
· 1994 - 2006 Supporting research into effective intervention approaches and producing educational conferences
· 2003 – 2008: Unicorn Children's Foundation Developmental Clinic and Endowed Chair at Nova Southeastern University
· 2008 – 2010: Providing mobile developmental clinics to Universities for early screenings
· 2013 – Current: Established Unicorn Village Academy with 100% of graduates entering employment or post-secondary programs
· 2014 – Current: Awareness and support of inclusion in elementary schools with our Creating Compassionate Children curriculum
· 2015 – Current: Convening the community to address priorities via Special Needs Advisory Coalition
· 2015 – Current: ESDM Parent coaching scholarships to provide strategies that promote the development of critical early developmental milestones
· 2017 – 2019: Expanding cadre of high-quality respite care providers via REST
· 2017 – Current: Creating a pre-employment internship program that resulted in 100% of interns being offered employment
· 2020: Opening of Unicorn Connection Center, Special Percs Café and Uniquely Gifted Boutique
A big thank you to this year's sponsors: Diane Lynn Family Foundation; Valeria Rosenbloom; Sonn Family Foundation; Sunshine Health; Mashkin Family Foundation; Genevieve Murphy; Silvana & Barry Halperin; Northern Trust; Rocco & Mary Abessinio Foundation; Emelle & Alvin Segal; Aqua Gulf Transport; NAV-TV; The Morris & Rosalind Goodman Foundation; Angela Fisher; Raymond James; MBAF; Phil Gori; Sean Harney; Privatefly; Law Offices of Joel Reinstein, PA; UBS; Stuart Fife; Breakthru Beverage Florida; Mark Rosenbloom; and Simply the Best Magazine. For more information, visit www.UnicornChildrensFoundation.org or call 561-620-9377.
Unicorn Children's Foundation