'Converting Uncertainty into Reality' - ET CIO Annual Conclave'2020
Summing up the highlights of Economic Times CIO - ETCIO Annual Conclave 2020 in this post. It was a highly eventful day with discussions on disruptions led by technological, societal or geopolitical uncertainties.
The event kickstarted with a Keynote address by Air Chief Marshal (Retd) BS Dhanoa. He shared the experiences from his journey in the IAF and how great leadership is pivotal in developing skills and creating a winning attitude.
After these enlightening sessions on the vulnerabilities and the X-factor that technologies bring to the table, it was time for the highly-anticipated - panel discussion on VUCA.
Agenda: Strategies & Approaches to Navigate the VUCA World
Moderator: Yashvendra Singh, Executive Editor, ETCIO
I will quickly cover the highlights from each panellist in the order they spoke:
Panellist 1:Mr Sanjay Narkar, CTO, IDFC
• Banking highly affected due to these uncertainties due to the external factors like geopolitical, economic, technological and societal.
• VUCA Makes it ambiguous & doesn't give a chance to prepare, Examples - Demonetisation, UPI, etc.
• The solution to these challenges is making the banking processes more agile and be always prepared to respond to customers needs more proactively.
Panellist 2: Mr Arvind Sivaramakrishnan, CIO, Apollo Hospitals
• In Healthcare VUCA is not new and they are relatively more prepared
• The conversation around these disruptors have definitely gone more viral in these last few years
• Technology is helping healthcare become mature and deliver on expectations of 24*7*365 to bring down the diagnosis time and be more effective
Panellist 3: Mr Ripu Bajwa, Director & General Manager– Data Protection Solutions, Dell India
• In this new world, VUCA has become a constant threat & reality
• Companies are having to endure some pain to deliver on long-term successes
Panellist 4: Mr Hariharan Iyer, Group CIO, Raymonds
• We are over bombarding ourselves with data and systems without focus
• Companies are unable to segregate, prioritize and identify the failure zones clearly
• CIO will have to understand where the failure patterns are so that they can act FAST
There were multiple other sessions and I will be updating you of all the details in the next few posts.
Polestar Solutions (https://polestarllp.com/
Polestar Solutions ( Data.. Analytics.. Insights..)
Page Updated Last on: Mar 12, 2020