Celebrate 'Year of Kentucky Music'
Music festivals, live concerts, concert series, musical productions, workshops, more
By: Harrodsburg/Mercer County Tourist Commission
Festivals on a farm, in a village, on a lawn and in a rustic fort – it's live music in uniquely beautiful settings as only Harrodsburg can do.
· Terrapin Hill Farm Music Festivals, www.terrapinhillfestivals.com:
· The Chamber Music Festival of the Bluegrass at Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill (https://shakervillageky.org/
· Great American Brass Band Festival Concerts on the Lawn at Shaker Village and Beaumont Inn, June 5, is a free family event with brass bands from all over the United States and Europe.
· Fort Harrod Jazz Festival, www.ftharrodjazzfest.com, Sept. 18-20: It's sax to the max at this free three-day festival held at Old Fort Harrod State Park featuring live jazz music, great food, drink and art.
Music lovers get a steady fix of sensational sounds at two Harrodsburg landmarks.
· Music on the Lawn at Shaker Village, Friday and Saturday evenings, May-October:
· Picnic in the Park at Old Fort Harrod State Park, Fridays, June-July: Pack a lunch, find a spot in the shade and enjoy a changing lineup of live music.
· Jazz Concert at Shaker Village 4:30-6 p.m. September 12: It's all jazz and it's all free.
· Illuminated Evenings at Shaker Village, 5-8:00 p.m., Dec. 5, 12 and 19: Catch special holiday performances from regional musical groups and choirs in the 1820 Meeting House as well as group carols led by Mrs. Claus in front of the Village Christmas Tree.
To see all of music experiences and plan a music-centric getaway to Harrodsburg, visit www.HarrodsburgKY.com.
Karen Hackett, Executive Director