"The Differences between Liposuction and Liposculpture" explained by Dr. Mitchell Cohen
Although Liposculpture is a form of Liposuction, there exist differences in the objectives of the two procedures. Dr. Mitchell Cohen explains in layman's terms in his new article.
By: Dr. Mitchell G. Cohen
Although Liposuction and Liposculpture can be distinguished in a few unique ways, they both offer a range of benefits to patients. The various differences between the two include the following:
1. Liposculpture, unlike Liposuction, is just not about removing fat. It helps restructure the body by getting rid of unwanted fat and placing it in other areas of the body so that it enhances the body's overall shape.
2. Liposuction usually targets more fat than liposculpture, though liposculpture typically reshapes bigger amounts of fat.
3. Because Liposculpture aims to deliver desirable body sculpting results, it provides more precise results than Liposuction
4. Liposuction is generally recommended for patients with larger amounts of surplus fat.
5. Liposculpture is typically not recommended as a weight loss option for the obese. It is used primarily to tone a body with some fat.
There essentially exist three techniques for liposculpture:
1. Power-assisted liposculpture – Utilizes a vibrating tool that enables the faster breakdown and easier removal of fat.
2. Ultrasound-assisted liposculpture – Helps eliminate fat using ultrasonic energy through a handpiece
3. Laser-assisted liposculpture – Gets rid of fat by utilizing low-energy waves. This procedure is typically longer than the other two.
The risks and side effects associated with liposuction and liposculpture are very similar.
Although both Liposuction and Liposculpture are effective in getting rid of unwanted fat, it's critical that you get a detailed evaluation beforehand. It is critical that when considering Liposuction or Liposculpture, you consider what your potential surgeon is recommending in light of all facts and available information.
Dr. Mitchell G. Cohen is a surgeon in California who focuses on Cosmetic Surgery as well as Laser Liposculpture and SmartLipo.
Blog Website: https://drmitchellcohen.com/
Dr. Mitchell G. Cohen
Cosmetic Surgery, Newport Beach, California