News By Tag
News By Place
Follow on Google News
National Opioid Crisis Exper & Author Dr. John Rosa Writes About the Impact of The Pharmacist
By: Dr. John Rosa
ROCKVILLE, MD. February 21, 2020: Owner of Accessible Beltway Clinics and opioid crises expert, Dr. John Rosa, posted a new blog on his website entitled, "The Pharmacist And The Pain That Never Goes Away," in which Dr. Rosa discusses a new Netflix documentary series.
As Dr. Rosa points out, "People react differently to tragedy." He continues adding, "Unfortunately hundreds of thousands of parents have been in the position of reacting to the tragedy of losing a child to the opioid crisis that has been ravaging this country since the late 1990's. Most of those parents were helpless and didn't know what to do. In drug overdose situations there often seems like there is nothing that can be done."
According to Dr. Rosa, "The documentary poses some intense and important questions. For instance, "What would you do if your child was killed in a drug deal and the cops were less than helpful?" As the documentary series portrays, "One pharmacist in Louisiana took it upon himself to find his son's killer, and after that was over, took what he learned and decided to fight a Big Pharma company that was making more young people into addicts."
Read the entire blog at https://www.drjohnrosa.com/
About Dr. John P. Rosa
Dr. Rosa is the Owner/manager of 14 health clinics in the Baltimore/Washington DC metro areas concentrating on musculoskeletal injuries of acute, subacute and chronic nature. He oversees the Integrative Medicine practice group which includes general medicine, Chiropractic, physical therapy, acupuncture and behavioral medicine that sees over 60,000 patient visits per year.
Leader in Chiropractic
Trustee of New York Chiropractic College for over 15 years and serving final 3-year term as Chairman of the Board.
Opioid Crisis Expert:
• White House Surrogate/Consultant
• Law Enforcement Consultant (Homeland Security, CBP, DOJ, DEA and Postal)
• State and National Consultant to Opioid Task Forces
• Corporate and professional organization consultant
• Currently forming the Opioid Abuse Prevention Institute
Integrative Medicine Specialist:
• Board service to Maryland University of Integrative Health
• Consultant on Integrative Medicine to hospital cancer center
• Reduced opioid prescriptions by 70% by integrating Chiropractic, physical therapy and behavioral medicine in a primary care setting
• Expert/Speaker - educating primary care, urgent care and hospital medical staff on the Integrative Medicine approach to treating pain patients