The top 10 conditions acupuncture can treat
So what exactly can acupuncture, cupping and traditional Chinese medicine treat anyways?
Here are the top 10 conditions acupuncture can treat:
1. Chronic pain & Fibromyalgia
2. Back, neck and shoulder pain or stress
3. Low back and sciatic nerve discomfort
4. Digestive issues – typically associated with imbalance in one or more organs and or dietary issue
5. Migraine Headaches – for those of us who suffer from this disease; acupuncture and Traditional Chinese herbal medicine are the only natural relief methods with proven results
7. Allergies and autoimmune disorders – preventative immune system acupuncture treatments s prevent the future likelihood of allergic reaction or the body's response to a given allergen in the air
8. Fertility issues for both men and women
9. Weight Loss – long term sustained weight loss begins with changing our brain reward pathways and creating new habits; acupuncture will naturally support our bodies ability to turn away unhealthy food and create a desire for healthy alternatives.
10. Chronic fatigue
Acupuncture for pain or Opioids?
While western research remains in progress, significant acupuncture adoption improvements continue everyday. Medicare Advantage as well as most major under 65 health plans now accept acupuncture as an approved pain management treatment method. As more and more conventional pain management medicine continue to fall short, acupuncture treatment popularity continues to grow across all demographic audiences and geographic areas. The ancient theory behind acupuncture for pain management explains in great detail how the stimulation of specific points in the body along meridians release and balance energy, heat and the immune system. The western explanation is needles stimulate nerves which send signals to the brain releasing endorphins or natural pain killers. Both explanations are true. The key here is nerve stimulation and energy balance through acupuncture lowers inflammation throughout the body which is closely linked to chronic and acute pain. When properly administered, acupuncture is the only whole person treatment method that doesn't come with addictive side effects caused by opioid medications. These medications are great for temporary relief but have long been proven to be ineffective for longer term pain management. If you are looking for a sager longer term alternative, please give us a call and we will be happy to provide more information.
Zareena Samidon - CEO