The Center for Contemporary Art Celebrates Youth Art Month with Free Public Exhibits
In March, all 21 New Jersey counties will be celebrating and displaying student artwork.
In Somerset County, 21 art teachers from 17 schools are participating in Youth Art Month in two exhibitions. Nine works of art from Somerset County have been selected for a state-wide exhibition which takes place at the Statehouse in Trenton where 189 pieces of student work will be on view from every county in the State. The young artists selected from Somerset County for the exhibition at the Statehouse in Trenton are:
· Dillon Feehan, Grade 2, Liberty Corner Elementary School, Bernards Township School District, Teacher: Stephanie Moench
· Inez Kronow, Grade 2, Whiton Elementary School, Branchburg Twp. School District,
Teacher: Christopher Boehm
· Xavier Wershulz, Grade K, East End Elementary School, North Plainfield School District,
Teacher: Denise Pereira
· Greta Scruggs, Grade 7, Branchburg Central Middle School, Branchburg Twp. School District, Teacher: Meghan Russo
· Tiana Nguyen, Grade 7, Branchburg Central Middle School, Branchburg Twp. School District, Teacher: Randy John Kupcha
· Amanda Szware, Grade 8, Hillsborough Middle School, Hillsborough School District, Teacher: Lynn Rossman
· Dominique Ignacio, Grade 11, Immaculata High School, Somerville School District,
Teacher: Deirdre Rosinski
· Kylie McLaughlin, Grade 12, Somerville High School, Somerville School District,
Teacher: Susan Shelton
· Madison Bayles, Grade 12, Somerville High School, Somerville School District,
Teacher: Lisa Conklin
Youth Art Month Exhibit Part I runs from March 11th through March 15th and presents students
in grades K through 5. Part II features students in grades 6 through 12 and runs from March 17th through March 22nd. Free public receptions will be held on Sunday, March 15th from 2:00 pm to
3:00 pm for Part I and Sunday, March 22nd from 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm for Part II. Awards presentations during each reception will be held at 2:30 pm.
The exhibitions and receptions will take place at The Center for Contemporary Art, 2020 Burnt Mills Road, Bedminster. https://www.ccabedminster.org Jpegs of student work are available.
Also on view in The Center's lobby from March 11th until March 22nd will be the exhibition "Visual Evidence," featuring the work of students from Jim Pruznick's classes at The Center for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder and Other Special Needs. Pruznick teaches two classes, which meet on Monday afternoons, for students ages 6-10 and 11 years old and older. There will be a reception on Monday, March 16th at 4:45 p.m.