News By Tag
News By Location
Follow on Google News
National Opioid Crisis Expert, Dynamic Speaker And Author, Dr. John Rosa Starts Year With Good News
By: Dr. John Rosa
ROCKVILLE, MD. February 10, 2020: Dr. John Rosa, dynamic speaker, and national opioid crises expert posted a new article on his website entitled, "More Medical Educators And Researchers Explore Alternatives To Opioids For Pain," in which Dr. Rosa offers a look at the positive strides being made.
According to Dr. Rosa, "a greater number of medical educators and researchers are increasingly exploring nonpharmacological treatments for pain. The trend seems to be growing in medical colleges across the country in response to the growing opioid crisis." He further elaborates, "More and more attention is being given to Integrative Medicine which involves instruction in how to care for patients suffering from chronic pain with reductions in or without the use of opioids."
"Health institutions across the board are joining in on the effort to help curtail and put an end to the opioid addiction in this country," writes Dr. Rosa. "For instance," he says, "in 2018, the National Institutes of Health (NIH) launched a cross-divisional effort called the Helping to End Addiction Long-term (HEAL) Initiative."
Read the entire article at http://www.drjohnrosa.com/
About Dr. John P. Rosa
Dr. Rosa is the Owner/manager of 14 health clinics in the Baltimore/Washington DC metro areas concentrating on musculoskeletal injuries of acute, subacute and chronic nature. He oversees the Integrative Medicine practice group which includes general medicine, Chiropractic, physical therapy, acupuncture and behavioral medicine that sees over 60,000 patient visits per year.
Leader in Chiropractic
Trustee of New York Chiropractic College for over 15 years and serving final 3-year term as Chairman of the Board.
Opioid Crisis Expert:
• White House Surrogate/Consultant
• Law Enforcement Consultant (Homeland Security, CBP, DOJ, DEA and Postal)
• State and National Consultant to Opioid Task Forces
• Corporate and professional organization consultant
• Currently forming the Opioid Abuse Prevention Institute
Integrative Medicine Specialist:
• Board service to Maryland University of Integrative Health
• Consultant on Integrative Medicine to hospital cancer center
• Reduced opioid prescriptions by 70% by integrating Chiropractic, physical therapy and behavioral medicine in a primary care setting
• Expert/Speaker - educating primary care, urgent care and hospital medical staff on the Integrative Medicine approach