News By Tag
News By Location
Paul Davis provides tips for emergency preparedness during Super Bowl LIV in Miami Gardens on Feb. 2
Paul Davis of Broward County and North Miami, a leading provider of fire, water, storm, and mold emergency and restoration services for commercial and residential properties, offers emergency preparedness planning during large scale events.
By: Paul Davis of Broward County and North Miami, Fla.
Gordon Berken, Paul Davis office owner, encourages everyone to have a Basic Emergency Portable Supply Kit that should at least include the following items:
• Water – one gallon of water per person per day for at least three days
• Food – at least a three-day supply of non-perishable food
• Battery-powered or hand crank commercial radio and a NOAA Weather Radio and extra batteries for both
• Cell Phone with charger
• Flashlight and extra batteries
• First aid kit – with sterile dressings; antibiotic ointment; burn ointment; adhesive bandages in a variety of sizes; scissors; eye wash; thermometer (adult and baby);
non-prescription drugs such as aspirin or non-aspirin pain reliever; prescription medications;
Add the following items to your kit:
• Can opener, garbage bags and plastic ties
• Infant formula and diapers
• Personal and /or feminine supplies
• Pet food and extra water for your pet
• Documents such as copies of insurance policies, identification and bank account records in a waterproof, portable container
• Sleeping bag or warm blanket for each person.
• Complete change of clothing including a long-sleeved shirt, long pants and sturdy shoes
• Fire Extinguisher
• Matches in a waterproof container
• Paper cups, plates and plastic utensils, paper towels
• Paper and pencil
• Books, games, puzzles or other activities for children
Paul Davis emergency recovery crews are ready to respond despite potential road closures and traffic along with other occurrences that may impact travelers and residents during the Super Bowl festivities. Each year, Paul Davis responds to thousands of emergency calls providing property owners and insurance professionals with specialized restoration solutions. Paul Davis technicians are certified by The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC).
The company is certified in biohazard and trauma cleanup and treatment procedures especially with the threat of coronaviruses in south Florida. For more information, call 954-979-9078, email BCFLEmergency@