Algae Bloom & HAB Remediation Workshop March 24-25, 2020 Ft. Myers, Florida
Algae blooms, HABs and red tide are affecting tourism, fishing, swimming, real estate
values, local economies and are a health risk to humans and animals. While algae bloom research, testing and monitoring is ongoing open collaboration between commercially-
The National Algae Association invites commercially-
Can we solve these devastating problems? Bring your solutions!
Open Collaboration + Innovation = Algae Bloom & HAB Remediation
Areas of discussion:
1. Differences between algae blooms and HAB's
2. Existing algae bloom, HAB & red tide testing and monitoring.
3. Commercial algae bloom & HAB remediation technologies that can be proven outside the lab, are scalable and economically feasible that can be immediately be deployed today.
4. Open collaboration opportunities between algae bloom researchers, remediation technologies and private industry.
5. Pilot test remediation results progress
6. Dewatering and drying methods
6. Explore potential repurposing opportunities for algae blooms.
7. Current state and federal legislation initiatives in the State of Florida
8. Funding available for commercial algae bloom and HAB remediation and creating new jobs.