6 Ways a Dentist Can Change Your Smile
Regardless of the cause, the dentist can advise ways in which both the look and function of the smile can be changed. Here are 6 ways that not only can change the look of the smile, but also improve oral health:
1. Teeth whitening: During this procedure, a bleaching agent is applied on the teeth and activated with an ultraviolet (UV) light. This procedure is quite useful, but it is not a permanent solution. Some over-the-counter products, such as bleaching kits or whitening products like gels or strips, are also available. However, these may not be as effective as professional teeth whitening.
2. Crowns: Dental crowns are fitted over the existing tooth structures to restore their natural appearance and function. Crowns help repairing or strengthening damaged or discolored teeth. Crowns may also be placed after a root canal treatment, or to attach dental bridges, or even to protect a weak tooth from breaking or for restoring one that's already broken.
3. Veneers: Veneers are customized thin shells crafted with materials that are colored like teeth and designed to cover the front side of teeth. Before applying veneers, it is essential to remove a small amount of enamel from the tooth to lodge the shell. These typically last up to 10 to 15 years.
4. Implants: A dental implant is a titanium post placed into the jaw and acts as an artificial tooth root supporting a crown. A dentist (https://www.leeladental.com/
5. Bonding: Bonding is performed with tooth-colored materials, i.e., 'bonds' to fill in cracks or chips in teeth. During bonding, the natural tooth enamel and dentin are merged with the materials like porcelain and resins to create a stable structure. This bonding material, matching with the shade of the existing teeth, is applied, smoothed, and hardened with the help of a UV light or laser.
6. Orthodontics (Braces/aligners):
Leela Dental Clinic
Dr. Naveen Acharya