Cat DNA Test Now Available to Pet Owners with Basepaws!
Similar to what 23andMe or ancestory.com is to humans, the Basepaws Cat DNA Kit is one simple saliva test that can provide you with a lifetime of discovery about your feline companion.
By: Whitegate PR INC
Why is discovering a cat's DNA important?
· Your cat's DNA can unlock the secrets to keeping their health in tip-top shape.
· Exciting new insights about mixed-breed cats and breed genetics.
· You'll have access to a living document that's an evolving part of your cat's history.
The Basepaws 4-step process is so simple!
· Activate your CatKit on basepaws.com
· Collect DNA with a cheek swab. It's completely painless and takes seconds.
· Mail in your sample
· 6-9 weeks from when we receive your sample, voila!
The Basepaws Cat DNA test helps you to learn exactly what makes your cat unique. Its report is broken up into different detailed categories like Breed Groups, Wildcat Index, Chromosome Map and Health. Health Marker Report is the section of the basic Basepaws Cat DNA Report which test for over 39 genetic mutations that correspond to 17 genetic conditions. Learn more about Basepaws Health Report here: https://www.basepaws.com/
The breed groups included in Basepaws Cat DNA report are now broken down into 4 categories: Western (from Europe/Americas)
"Discovering your cat's DNA story is very exciting and the process is ongoing so there's always new information to look forward to," Anna Skaya expresses, "The reality is, the more we know about their DNA, the easier it is to help our feline friends live longer, happier, and healthier lives!"
About Basepaws Inc.: Basepaws studies the most common hereditary disease and reports on traits that can affect the animal late in life, thus giving the owners and veterinarians a specific action plan. They can test hundreds of thousands of genetic markers and dozens of genetic diseases and are working with researchers on more data points. https://www.basepaws.com/