The Top 5 Things That Make a Great Tuxedo
By: Knightsman Bespoke Tailors
1. Start with a Classic Fit- More than any other piece of clothing a truly great tuxedo is meant to stand the test of time. The quickest way to do this is by choosing a tuxedo that has a classic tailored fit (also known as cut). This will determine if the tux will look great in the next five years or the next twenty. Avoid trends as this will come and go, rather focus on tuxedos that follow the natural lines of your body.
2. Pair the Fit with Classic Details- Going with the classics is going to be recurring theme especially with tuxedos. For the details this means that the lapels, pocket flaps, shoulder pads, hem etc. should all follow modest widths. Avoid extra wide or super slim as much like the fit trendy details will go in and out of fashion leaving your tux a relic rather than a classic.
3. Stick with basics- Tuxedos and Dinner jackets should come in only two colors- Black and White. Select all wool black as this will always be appropriate the second equally elegant option is the white dinner jacket to be paired with black pants. While there is a place and time for the burgundy and the chocolate brown dinner jackets, it is not in the closet of the man looking to make a powerful impression.
4. Invest in Quality- The thing about mens tailored clothing is that there are huge price gaps between different brands, yet to the untrained eye they almost look about the same. Whether you choose to go with an off brand, a big designer, or custom tailor made tuxedos, choose the best quality rather than the glossiest brand name or lowest price.
5. Pair it correctly- When it comes to the shirt, cuff links, shoes etc. pair a classic tux with classic accessories. An understated, classic and elegant look on your tux will speak volumes without you having to say a word.
Mark Alan is the senior trends and fashion spotter for Requisite clothing, a custom clothing design house specializing in custom tailored suits, custom shirts and custom tuxedos for both men and women. know more @ https://www.knightsman.com.au/
Knightsman Bespoke Tailors
08 8232 0404