Free Walnut Creek Estate Planning Workshop
Michael J. Young, Elder Law & Estate Planning Attorney, to host Free Seminar January 14, 2020
By: Walnut Creek Elder Law
Young has been offering the workshops for several years to help address the biggest fear most people have about growing old – wiping out their live savings and ending up in a nursing home.
Protect hard-earned assets by employing tools about which most of the general public remains unaware. The laws governing asset protection and long-term care planning in California are changing. So, it is imperative to understand how the changes may impact long-term care planning.
Learn these tips and more at a brand new free informational workshop hosted by local Elder Law Attorney Michael J. Young on Tuesday, January 14, 2020 from 2 to 4 p.m. at Heather Farm Community Center Park Community Club Room, 301 North San Carlos Drive in Walnut Creek, CA 94598. The center is located next to the lake at Heather Farm Park. Although the workshop is free, space is limited, so reservations are required. You must be ambulatory to attend, as the club room is upstairs. https://walnutcreekelderlaw.com/
At the meeting, discover how to:
· Avoid losing your life savings by a nursing home "spend-down."
· Protect your home as a legacy for your loved ones; and avoid a Medi-Cal lien.
· Understand the asset protection language that most people don't have in their Power of Attorney (POA) documents, which can help protect their life's savings.
· Learn about veteran's benefits that most people know nothing about.
· Discover how Medi-Cal works and the steps you need to protect your family under the new rules.
· Find the right Senior Care Facility and what to expect in the process.
· Secure good care at a Senior Care Facility.
· *Explore Senior Care options for independence;
Attendance at the meeting is free, but seating is limited. Reserve your spot by calling (925) 256-0298. We will distribute free copies of the "Alzheimer's Legal Survival Guide." This booklet reflects new changes in the law.(Limit 1 guide per person.) Also, you will be entered to win a free copy of Mr. Young's book, "Don't Go Broke in A Nursing Home."
Michael J. Young, Elder Law & Estate Planning Attorney