News By Tag
News By Location
Single Tickets Available Starting December 15 for Community Concert Association Series
By: Fort Myers Community Concert Association
Single tickets will be available for purchase starting December 15 for each of the five performances, which organizers say are among the best ever offered by the Fort Myers Community Concert Association. Prices are $55 for orchestra seats, $35 for lower balcony seats and $25 for upper balcony seats. Mezzanine seats are sold out.
All performances will start at 7:30 p.m. at the Barbara B. Mann Performing Arts Hall on the Florida SouthWestern State College campus in Fort Myers. For tickets, call the Barbara B. Mann Hall box office at 239-481-4849.
The five concerts for the 2020 season are:
● The Wroclaw Philharmonic Orchestra – January 10, 2020. – The Wroclaw Philharmonic Orchestra was founded in 1945 and officially became the State Orchestra of Wroclaw, Poland in 1949.
● The Siberian State Symphony Orchestra – January 27, 2020. Direct from Krasnoyarsk, Russia, the Siberian State Symphony Orchestra embarks on an eight-week U.S. tour in January, 2020.
● Teatro Lirico D'Europa performing Verdi's "La Traviata" – February 3, 2020. La Traviata is the classic tale of unrequited love taking place in and around Paris during the 1840s. Teatro Lirico D'Europa is the most successful opera touring company in Europe and the U.S.
● Russian State Symphony Orchestra –February 10, 2020. The Russian State Symphony Orchestra is known for its rich sound, nobility of expression and skillfully balanced sound.
● Russian National Ballet – March 2, 2020. The Russian National Ballet performs the timeless "Sleeping Beauty." Luminous costumes and elaborate sets complement one of Moscow's finest ballet companies.
The Fort Myers Community Concert Association, now in its 71st concert season, is an all-volunteer not-for-profit organization founded by the legendary Barbara B. Mann in 1949 to bring world-class entertainment to Southwest Florida at affordable prices. The association consists of more than 1,700 members, underwriters and sponsors. Performers brought to Fort Myers in the past by the association include The Israel Ballet, Violinist Itzhak Perlman, The Boston Brass, Minnesota Orchestra, Cleveland Orchestra, Vienna Boys Choir, Pianist Andre Watts, Violinist Joshua Bell with the Academy of St. Martin in the Fields and many others. For Community Concert Association membership information, visit www.fortmyerscommunityconcerts.org.
Susan Bennett Marketing & Media, L.C.