National Opioid Crisis Expert, Speaker & Author, Dr. John Rosa Looks Back Over The Year
By: Dr. John Rosa
ROCKVILLE, MD. December 9, 2019: Dr. John Rosa, dynamic speaker, national opioid crisis expert, and co-author of The Recipe for Success with Jack Canfield, posted a new article on his website entitled, "2019 Has Been A Busy Year For Everyone Involved In The Opioid Crisis," in which Dr. Rosa reviews some of the highlights.
Dr. Rosa states, "I'm providing a review of some of the year's highlights and pray that next year sees greater strides being made toward bringing the tremendous sufferings and tragedies caused by this treatment created just for use by those suffering from the unbearable pain of cancer to an end."
According to Dr. Rosa, "The beginning of the year brought tragic news. For the very first time on record the odds of dying from an opioid overdose in the U.S. was greater than the odds of dying in an auto accident."
On a cautionary note, Dr. Rosa warns, "While the opioid prescribing habits of doctors has decreased slightly, we need to be careful the pendulum doesn't swing too far. People who have been on opioids for several years are now being denied their medication causing them to hit the streets and we all know how that story ends."
Read the entire article at http://www.drjohnrosa.com/
About Dr. John P. Rosa
Dr. Rosa is the Owner/manager of 14 health clinics in the Baltimore/Washington DC metro areas concentrating on musculoskeletal injuries of acute, subacute and chronic nature. He oversees the Integrative Medicine practice group which includes general medicine, Chiropractic, physical therapy, acupuncture and behavioral medicine that sees over 60,000 patient visits per year.
Leader in Chiropractic
Trustee of New York Chiropractic College for over 15 years and serving final 3-year term as Chairman of the Board.
Opioid Crisis Expert:
• White House Surrogate/Consultant
• Law Enforcement Consultant (Homeland Security, CBP, DOJ, DEA and Postal)
• State and National Consultant to Opioid Task Forces
• Corporate and professional organization consultant
• Currently forming the Opioid Abuse Prevention Institute
Integrative Medicine Specialist:
• Board service to Maryland University of Integrative Health
• Consultant on Integrative Medicine to hospital cancer center
• Reduced opioid prescriptions by 70% by integrating Chiropractic, physical therapy and behavioral medicine in a primary care setting
• Expert/Speaker - educating primary care, urgent care and hospital medical staff on the Integrative Medicine approach to treating pain patients