Waxy Tapioca Starch, Innovations, Challenges in Cassava value chain discussed at 9th Starch World Asia in Bangkok
Starch Industry Leaders heads to Bangkok to analyze breakthroughs in novel waxy tapioca starch, value added products from cassava, innovations as well as challenges in cassava value chain vis-a-vis cassava mosaic disease (CMD) at CMT's 9th Starch World Asia on 11-13 February, 2020 in Bangkok.
By: Centre for Management Technology (CMT)
A Panel Discussion on 'Changing dynamics of Thai root market and implications for starch and chip producers' leads with Thai Tapioca Starch Association's presentation on Thai cassava market, and open discussions with panelists from Agro Asia Pacific Co. and Commoditia.
Key trends, developments, innovations in starch markets are discussed in sessions:
· Role of Tapioca Fiber in Fast Growing Healthy Processed Food Market – Fibervita
· Development, breakthrough of novel waxy tapioca starch, trends on clean food solution – SMS Corporation
· Promoting circularity concept in production of amino acids from cassava – FD Green - Ajinomoto Group
· Beverage trends in Asia & bubble tea phenomenon – Mintel
· Innovative technology that slows starch digestibility in carbohydrate diet – Bountifood
· Plant Based proteins from Starch Processing Effluents – Wafilin Systems
· High amylose wheat: Opportunity to raise resistant starch levels in foods – CSIRO Health & Biosecurity
Indonesia's PT Sinar Jaya Plastindo and PT Intera Lestari Polimer (Enviplast) share about cassava based bioplastics while Global Biopolymers presents on sustainable starch based polymers and opportunities in Asia.
Thai Tapioca Development Institute (TTDI) highlights development of waxy starch cassava varieties in Thailand while Foretaste Trade provides details of China's waxy corn starch production and supply for modified starch industry. Kansas State University explains how Thailand is leading with 'Wastewater treatment in the starch industry'.
The annual meet concludes with workshop on 'Starch and Dietary Fibres' on 12 February and tour to Ajinomoto MSG Factory on 13 February.
Organized by Centre for Management Technology (CMT), Larsson Sweden, HLH Agriculture (Cambodia) Co. and SiccaDania Group join the summit as Platinum Sponsors while the exhibitors are –Jiuwu Hi-Tech Co, AVA, Navector, G – Force, Myande Group and VetterTec.