The Rotary Santa Run Presents 12 Christmas Traditions Your Kids Will Never Forget
By: JRS MarCom
1. Turn on some Christmas music and decorate the Christmas tree as a family. There's nothing better than Christmas music, hot chocolate, and decorating the Christmas tree to really get into the holiday spirit!
2. Before decorating your Christmas tree, get the family together and craft some ornaments to add to the tree. What's better than a Christmas day craft, right?! Don't forget to put the year on your handmade ornaments, for keepsakes to cherish for years to come.
3. Get everyone together to bake (and eat) your favorite Christmas cookies.
4. Decorate gingerbread houses. Every kid loves to decorate their very own gingerbread house with frosting and candy.
5. Drive around for a Christmas lights tour. Is there an area where you live that's known for its spectacular holiday lights display? If so, get the family in the car and tour the Christmas lights.
6. Schedule a Christmas movie marathon. Get the family together on a Saturday night for a fun Christmas movie marathon. Serve hot chocolate, popcorn, Christmas cookies, etc. and grab your pillows and blankets for a movie marathon your kids will never forget!
7. Plan a Santa breakfast. The kids will love this! On Christmas Eve morning, surprise the kids with a fun Santa breakfast, complete with green Christmas tree waffles, Rudolph pancakes, Grinch fruit kabobs, and more!
8. Participate in a holiday-themed run. There are numerous holiday-themed runs scheduled throughout the Chicago metropolitan area. One of our favorites is December 7th this year (2019). The Rotary Santa Run/Walk offers both 5K chip-timed competitive options as well as walks for both 5K and 1-mile distances along with a Reindeer Run for the kiddos. For more info, visit www.rotarysantarun.org. Medals are included, and you can purchase some cool swag to go with your race day goody bag.
Find out the rest of the list by clicking here.