National Opioid Crisis Expert, Speaker & Author Dr. John Rosa On Connects Opioids & Mental Health
By: Dr. John Rosa
ROCKVILLE, MD. November 15, 2019: Dr. John Rosa, dynamic speaker, national opioid crisis expert, and co-author of The Recipe for Success with Jack Canfield, posted a new article on his website entitled, "Wake Up To Connection Between Depression And Opioid Use," in which Dr. Rosa brings awareness to the interconnected nature of mental health issues and opioid use.
Dr. Rosa writes, "Fall ushered in the chilling winds of change along with Depression Awareness and Mental Health Awareness month." He continues, "As a consultant to local and national opioid task forces, I am aware that both mental health disorders and the opioid crisis are intertwined. Research continues to verify that the use of opioids is very common among people with mental health issues."
Dr. Rosa wonders, "How can we help those who suffer from the pain of mental health disorders and addiction to opioids?" He goes on to say that, "Shame keeps people from sharing their illness. The shame associated with mental health disorders has kept millions of people silently attempting to deal with their suffering alone." He further adds, "However, the silence is finally being broken. Mental health disorders are being talked about by those in the public eye which is helping others who are not so visible feel safer in sharing their secret too."
Read the entire article at http://www.drjohnrosa.com/
About Dr. John P. Rosa
Dr. Rosa is the Owner/manager of 14 health clinics in the Baltimore/Washington DC metro areas concentrating on musculoskeletal injuries of acute, subacute and chronic nature. He oversees the Integrative Medicine practice group which includes general medicine, Chiropractic, physical therapy, acupuncture and behavioral medicine that sees over 60,000 patient visits per year.
Leader in Chiropractic
Trustee of New York Chiropractic College for over 15 years and serving final 3-year term as Chairman of the Board.
Opioid Crisis Expert:
• White House Surrogate/Consultant
• Law Enforcement Consultant (Homeland Security, CBP, DOJ, DEA and Postal)
• State and National Consultant to Opioid Task Forces
• Corporate and professional organization consultant
• Currently forming the Opioid Abuse Prevention Institute
Integrative Medicine Specialist:
• Board service to Maryland University of Integrative Health
• Consultant on Integrative Medicine to hospital cancer center
• Reduced opioid prescriptions by 70% by integrating Chiropractic, physical therapy and
• behavioral medicine in a primary care setting
• Integrative Medicine approach to treating pain patients