Community Concert Association Board Announces Series Underwriter
By: Fort Myers Community Concert Association
Alexandra and Eunice are the niece and sister of the late Berne Davis, who was the series underwriter for many years prior to her death in 2016.
Program sponsors include Rob and Ruth Diefenbach of Fort Myers, Sanibel-Captiva Community Bank, Madeleine Taeni, and Marge Kirby of Cape Coral.
Honorary Life Membership was awarded to Bob Crossman, formerly of Sanibel, who was honored for his 31 years as a board member and 33 years as a benefactor contributor;
Two new board members also were elected: Karen Globetti of Fort Myers and Deanne Kyle of Fort Myers.
Mary Lee Mann reported to the Board that few series tickets remain for this year's 71st Concert Series that begins in January with five concerts:
● The Wroclaw Philharmonic Orchestra – January 10, 2020. – The Wroclaw Philharmonic Orchestra is widely considered to be the premier venue of its type in Poland.
● The Siberian State Symphony Orchestra – January 27, 2020. Direct from Krasnoyarsk, Russia, the Siberian State Symphony Orchestra embarks on an eight-week U.S. tour in January, 2020.
● Teatro Lirico D'Europa performing Verdi's "La Traviata" – February 3, 2020. Teatro Lirico D'Europa is the most successful opera touring company in Europe and the U.S. and travels with a full orchestra of 47 to 50 members and a chorus of 40 singers.
● Russian State Symphony Orchestra –February 10, 2020. The Russian State Symphony Orchestra presents Glinka: Rusian and Ludmila Overture; Tchaikovsky Symphony No. 4 and Grieg: Piano Concerto with pianist Pavel Nessessia, one of the most remarkable Russian pianists of his generation.
● Russian National Ballet – March 2, 2020. The Russian National Ballet performs the timeless "Sleeping Beauty." Luminous costumes and elaborate sets complement one of Moscow's finest ballet companies.
All performances will be at the Barbara B. Mann Hall on the Florida SouthWestern College campus in Fort Myers. All five concerts begin at 7:30 p.m. and are included in one ticket price, which ranges from $165 for prime orchestra seats to $155 for other orchestra seats, $85 for lower balcony seating and just $65 for upper balcony. Most mezzanine seating already is sold out, Mann said.
For tickets, call the Barbara B. Mann Hall box office at 239- 481-4849.
For Community Concert Association membership information, visit www.fortmyerscommunityconcerts.org.
Susan Bennett Marketing & Media, L.C.