Maximizing Your Real Estate Investment by Selling in a Hot Market - Free Home Sellers Workshop
A panel discussion of legal, financial and real estate experts explores the do's and don'ts of what to know and do.
By: PR Works
With that in mind, Seniors First, a collaborative of vetted professionals serving the senior community, are offering a free educational and objective panel discussion focused on helping home sellers prepare and determine next steps.
The dynamic, interactive discussion will be held on Thursday, November 14, from 2:30 – 4:30 p.m. at Fairing Way, 25 Stonehaven Drive, South Weymouth, MA 029190. Complimentary light refreshments will be served.
The workshop is geared toward owners who haven't sold in at least 10 years. The event will cover recent changes in the law and other trends affecting local real estate transactions in 2019.
Topics covered by a panel of industry experts will include:
- Will you owe capital gains tax if you sell?
- Selling or transferring a property held in trust or if an owner is deceased
- When a Title 5 inspection is required (and when it isn't)
- Formula to calculate your net sale proceeds to within $1,000
- Flood insurance: Are you impacted by recent changes in the flood maps?
- Importance of conducting a preliminary title review
- State sales tax and other forgotten closing costs
- Strategies for simultaneously selling and buying in a low inventory market
- Pros and cons of For Sale by Owner
- Pre-sale repair & improvement strategies (update or leave alone?)
- Can you buy before you sell? Bridge loans and other financing options in carrying 2 properties
The discussion will be led and moderated by George Downey, Housing Wealth Management Advisor, Harbor Mortgage Solutions, Inc., Braintree, MA. Panelists will include Attorney Timothy J. van der Veen, Conveyance Attorney, Marshfield, MA; Midge Durgin, Realtor with Coldwell Banker, Hingham, MA; Attorney John O'Connor, Estate and Elder Law Attorney, Braintree, MA; Chris Petrik, Ameriprise Finance, Braintree, MA ; and Chris Downey of Harbor Mortgage Solutions, Inc., Braintree, MA
Although the seminars are free, seating is limited, and reservations are required. Please RSVP for yourself and a guest by calling (781) 660-5021 or register online at https://bit.ly/
Steve Dubin, PR Works