Serving 1,800 free Thanksgiving turkey dinners for people in need
Good Shepherd Ministries prepares to serve its annual Thanksgiving dinner
By: Good Shepherd Ministries
Last year, the Centre served 1,827 meals at its Thanksgiving dinner with the help of more than 50 volunteers who serve the meal 'restaurant-
What does it take to serve 1,800 meals?
· 170 turkeys (7 to 9 kilos or 15-20 pounds each)
· 100 litres (26 gallons) of gravy
· 60 kilograms (132 pounds) of cranberry sauce
· 680 kilos (1,500 pounds) of potatoes
· 240 kilos (530 pounds) mixed veggies
· 227 kilos (500 pounds) of stuffing from scratch
· 150 12" pies
Good Shepherd Centre operates Toronto's largest free meal program, serving meals 365 days a year to any individual in need. In 2018, the Centre served 422,790 meals to people in need.
Good Shepherd Ministries is a charity located in downtown Toronto that provides food, shelter, clothing, medical care, and other vital services for people struggling with poverty and homelessness. For more information, please visit http://goodshepherd.ca/