Bring Your Resume Back to Life
Is your resume sucking the life out of your job opportunities? My October Special will bring it back to life!
Howard reminds us that "The fourth quarter is a great time to update your resume. Companies that operate on a fiscal year are ready to hire. Also, college students who are graduating in the fourth quarter are job hunting too."
Jaynine's Five Reasons to Update Your Resume
1. Increase your income. If you have not updated your resume in years and look at it and think you have nothing to add, you need to take immediate action. More than likely, you have attended a training, learned a new skill, or volunteered in your community. When you keep your resume current, you will be able to see whether or not you need to take action to stay relevant in your career field or industry.
2. Get hired without an interview. I've had clients get hired without an interview based on the information in their resume. Many positions are direct or immediate hire. They need someone now, and you want to be the one whose resume they find online and contact.
3. Be ready when told, "send me your resume." If your company is hiring within, you may be asked for a resume. The person asking doesn't want to wait days or weeks for you to put together a resume. When opportunity knocks, will you be ready?
4. Shine during your performance appraisal. When you make time to reflect each week on what you accomplished and the result of your actions, you will have great bullet points for your resume as well as items to bring up when it is performance appraisal time. Do not count on your memory. Memory fades, and your supervisor may not be privy to all the great things you do for the company. Toot your own horn and show the value you provide.
5. Boost your self-esteem. When you see the value you provide written on paper; you will have a boost in self-confidence. You will walk with your head held higher, your shoulders back, and a spring in your step. You will own the room when you enter.
Has your resume been laid to rest? Do you need help bringing it back to life? Jaynine has slashed the price of her resume reviews and strategy sessions for October. https://www.jjhowardandassociates.com/