Nationally Recognized Elder Abuse Litigation Firm Garcia & Artigliere Files Complaint Against Corona
The suit, filed on behalf of a nursing home resident, alleges the home operated with no regard for patient health or safety, making decisions solely for owner enrichment.
By: Garcia & Artigliere
The lawsuit accuses the facility's owners and management staff of knowingly flouting California law and putting their personal desires for profit above the health and safety of all residents. Their alleged misconduct includes:
- hiring untrained and unqualified caregivers;
- failing to hire enough staff to provide sufficient care for all patients;
- admitting more patients than their resources allowed, for the sake of bringing in more profit;
- setting financial policies that frustrated the fulfillment of the standard of care promised to patients;
- failing to document patient issues and provide timely and necessary care;
- and violating state and federal regulations for medical facilities.
Garcia & Artigliere is seeking medical, pain and suffering, and punitive damages on behalf of the plaintiff, who fractured her hip in a preventable fall and was afterward denied proper care. The nursing home staff's failure to monitor the injury or refer the plaintiff to a specialist caused a number of complications, some of which will affect the plaintiff indefinitely.
This case against Corona Post Acute Center has been filed on behalf of one complainant, but Garcia & Artigliere invites other residents or their families to come forward with reports of abuse or mistreatment. The firm hopes to help all patients affected by this negligence hold the center to account. Anyone with similar complaints can speak to an elder abuse lawyer at Garcia & Artigliere completely free of charge.
Garcia & Artigliere is a nationally recognized elder abuse law firm with offices in California, Arizona, Kentucky, Louisiana, and Florida. Founding partners Stephen M. Garcia and Bill Artigliere have been involved in major elder care legislation and appellate decisions, and the firm has won over $1.3 billion for its clients. The firm recently celebrated its 25th anniversary of helping elders and their families get justice after cases of abuse. It can be found online at www.lawgarcia.com.
Garcia & Artigliere