News By Tag
News By Place
Critical Link to Debut Canon Evaluation Kits
• Company will premiere new sensor evaluation kits in booth #2416 at MD&M Minneapolis Expo 2019.
By: Critical Link
Critical Link was recently selected by Canon USA to develop evaluation platforms for cutting-edge sensors, opening up new application possibilities in the medical industry, from medical imaging to microscopy. In addition to early assessment of sensor performance, the new kits allow medical imaging system designers to accelerate development time. The kits feature an open-architecture design, with the option to embed processing and software with the on-board CPU and FPGA fabric.
"Critical Link has been enabling innovation in medical and scientific technology for more than 20 years," notes Amber Thousand, director of marketing. "We're excited to bring our embedded technology solutions to the Twin Cities, the largest medtech hub in the U.S."
The company has provided embedded solutions for a wide range of medical applications including:
· Lab equipment & instrumentation
· Surgical equipment & instrumentation
· Robotic vision
· Dental imaging
Critical Link will also showcase their full line of industrial performance embedded system on modules (SOMs) and embedded imaging platforms. Products on display at MD&M Minneapolis will include:
· MitySOM-A10S system on module and image processing board. This family features dual-core Cortex-A9 ARMs with up to 480KLE user-programmable FPGA fabric, DDR4 memory, and 12 high-speed transceiver pairs, making it an ideal solution for machine vision and scientific imaging applications. The board is available in two configurations:
· MityCAM-C50000 imaging system. It is specially designed as an evaluation platform for the CMV50000 high-speed image sensor from ams / CMOSIS. The global shutter sensor features 47.5MP resolution at 30 frames per second, mono and RGB color options, with low dark noise and high dynamic range. The innovative system provides multiple interfaces including USB3 as standard, with custom options that include CoaXPress, Camera Link, GigE, and more.
Critical Link, LLC
6712 Brooklawn Parkway
Syracuse, NY 13211
Contact: Amber Thousand,
Director of Marketing
Web Site: www.criticallink.com
Submitted by Media Contact: Marlene Moore
Amber Thousand, Director of Marketing