Heating firm urges householders to stay safe from carbon monoxide, the silent killer
This Gas Safety Week, Gas Safe registered engineers at Stevenson Heating Ltd in West Wickham, Kent, are reminding householders of the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning.
By: Stevenson Heating Ltd
Gas appliances that have not properly been maintained can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning. Carbon monoxide is known as the 'silent killer' because you can't see, smell or taste it. It is vital to have gas appliances checked annually by an engineer who is on the Gas Safe Register, such as Stevenson Heating.
Andy Oliver and Neil Stevenson, Directors of Stevenson Heating said: "It is our job to make sure that people's gas appliances are operating safely and efficiently. In some instances, people do not know the signs and symptoms of faulty gas appliances and carbon monoxide poisoning. We are supporting Gas Safety Week to alert householders to the seriousness of unsafe gas appliances and how they can keep themselves and their families safe."
Top tips on how to stay Gas Safe this Gas Safety Week:
· Know the symptoms of CO poisoning; headaches, nausea, breathlessness, collapse, dizziness and loss of consciousness.
· If you smell gas or think there might be a gas leak, call the free 24-hour national gas emergency number immediately on 0800 111 999.
· Never attempt to work on a gas appliance yourself, always seek the help of a qualified Gas Safe registered engineer who can work on your gas cooker, boiler or fire in a safe way.
· Don't cut corners - only employ a suitably qualified Gas Safe registered engineer when having gas work carried out in your home.
· Always ask to see your engineer's Gas Safe ID card. Make sure you check the back of the card, which will state which gas appliances they are qualified to work on.
Gas Safe Register is the official register for legally qualified engineers. You can find a registered engineer in your area by visiting the Gas Safe Register www.GasSafeRegister.co.uk or by calling on 0800 408 5500.
All engineers working for Stevenson Heating are Gas Safe registered and those wishing to book a Gas Safety Check can contact 020 8462 8822 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (mailto:info@