4th Starch World Europe heads to Copenhagen with Site Visits, Insights on Potato, Organic Starches
CMT's 4th Starch World Europe, on 16-18 October, 2019 in Copenhagen, focuses on starches from potatoes and green bananas, role of CRISPR, polyols, organic starches and proteins production.
By: Centre for Management Technology (CMT)
In the program, Mathias Samuelsson, Head of Sales and Development, Lyckeby Starch, shares details of 'CRISPR-Cas9 Technique for Sustainable Production of Potato Starch' while Corine Kroft, CSR Manager, Duynie Holding (Duynie Group); and Christiaan Oei, Commercial Director, Novidon, presents on 'Creating New Value from Side Stream Potato Starch'.
Key companies speaking at the summit are:
• Commoditia - Outlook for EU Starch: Crops, Products and Trade
• Herba Ingredients - Rice Flour vs Rice Starch with Focus on Applications
• Meelunie - Organic Starch Market
• Reading Scientific Services Ltd (RSSL) - Opportunities for Polyols & Bulking ingredients in a Sugar Reduction Drive
• Stora Enso Paper - Trend in Paper Markets, Production Process & Implications for Starch Suppliers
• Kompuestos - Biobased and Compostable Thermoplastic Resins Made from Different Starches
• Silesian Flour - Natural Specialty Flours & Functional Applications
• University of Groningen - Innovations to meet consumers' healthy demand in high carbohydrate foods
• Oregon State University - Starch Taste: Oral Digestion, Sensory Perception, and Transduction Mechanisms
• Gabanna - The Case With Matooke (green banana) Flour
Protein Developments and Opportunities for Starch are examined in 5 sessions:
• Starch Europe - Challenging Times for EU Starch Producers But Opportunities in the EU Bioeconomy and Protein Plans -
• Oréade-Brèche - EU Market for Plant Proteins : Food Market Segments and Outlook
• Future Foods - Commercializing Your Protein: Functionality versus Value
• BioscienZ - Production of Food Proteins from Carbohydrate Crops with Fermentation Technology
• 3fbio - Collaboration to accelerate introduction of protein to market -- the important role of starch crops
Organized by Centre for Management Technology (CMT), the summit will also showcase new technologies by exhibitors -- AVA, Krettek, Larsson, Buhler and many more.
View event website (https://www.cmtevents.com/
+65 6346 9113