Savannah Film Alliance Announces Eight Honorees for Upcoming Inaugural Gala
By: Carriage Trade PR
The honorees being recognized that night include:
• Nora Clark, a production coordinator with credits on at least six film and television projects, now at work on a documentary about the life of Chicago tap dance legend Bril Barrett;
• John Grace, who has worked as director of photography and camera operator on theatrical features and commercials, including work for ABC, NBC, CBS, HBO, ESPN, PBS and Walt Disney Studios, among many others. He is also a faculty member of the Georgia Film Academy and teaches technical production classes at Savannah Technical College;
• Genevieve Hawkins, with credits as a production and location coordinator, has worked on such Savannah-filmed projects as "Lizzie," "Peanut Butter Falcon," "The Act," and "Council of Dads";
• Amanda Kulkoski, documentarian, cinematographer, and film professor at Savannah College of Art and Design;
• Witt Lacy is an assistant director who has worked with a variety of productions before setting up base in Savannah to work on "Underground,"
• William Martin, documentarian, cinematographer, and educator, has 15 years of production experience in television news;
• Buck Meeks, location services and period actor, first worked in period costume locally 30 years ago in the filming of "Glory";
• Anthony Paderewski, whose background includes a wide array of roles in the film industry, including photographer, acting coach, producer, location scout, location manager and actor.
In addition to saluting these honorees, the event will showcase the best of the local entertainment scene and will celebrate its role in our local economy. Last year, the entertainment industry was responsible for $120 million in direct spending in the Savannah Area, according to the Savannah Regional Film Commission.
Tickets to the inaugural gala are $75 for general admission or $150 for VIP admission. To learn more and buy tickets, please visit https://www.savannahfilmalliance.org.