Greens - Only Party to Submit Budget, Release 2019 Platform
Parliamentary Budget Office to report back analysis of Green's budget inside coming days while Canada's sitting government and all other parties have yet to submit a budget for consideration.
- Creating a Trans-Canada Electrical Grid, initiating a major ramp-up of renewable energy generation.
- Banning fracking due to impacts on groundwater, methane release, and seismic activity. The only party opposed to fracking.
- Working with provinces to determine which orphaned oil and gas wells are suitable for geothermal purposes, transforming liabilities into income generating renewable energy assets
- Nation wide building retrofit of all residential commercial and institutional buildings, creating 4 million jobs
- Changing the national buildings code to reflect net-zero emissions standards by 2030
- Revamping the Canada Infrastructure Bank to exclude profit in infrastructure and directing it to invest in climate-proofing essential infrastructure prioritizing upgrades to drinking water and waste water systems
- Responding to the economic disruption caused by automation with a tax model for automation and support for employees displaced
- Study the impacts of adopting a shorter work week
- End tax loopholes such as the stock option loophole. End offshore tax dodging by taxing funds hidden in offshore havens and requiring companies to prove that their foreign affiliates are actual functioning businesses for tax purposes
- Investing federal dollars into provincial healthcare systems
- Privacy protections online, taxation for facebook/amazon/
- Alberta oil only in the west, Newfoundland oil in the East, no more imports, Canada to use Canadian oil only
- Funds for sustainable climate-resilient housing
- Low income dental, and universal pharmacare
- New railway lines
- Tax exemptions for electric vehicle owners
- And much more!
The Green Platform objectives are paid for via cancellation of the transmountain pipeline which recoups 10-13 billion dollars, along with ending fossil fuel subsidies. The Green vision is transformative and up to the challenge of today's trying times.
Although the Greens goals may seem ambitious, Canadian's should bear in mind that they are the only party that has submitted a budget- the only ones with a plan. Greens aren't just talking the talk like the other parties are doing. Elizabeth May made clear during the first leaders debate that she is the most capable leader for Canada moving into the future. Rejection of the climate emergency is dereliction of civic and familial duty, there is no more time for fooling ourselves. Vote for yourselves, vote for our children, vote for tomorrow, vote Green.
See the full platform:
How did Elizabeth May respond during the first leaders debate? See here: