Regional CIS Experts to Present at Mobile Deployable Communications 2020
SMi Group Reports: Regional speakers will gather at the 13th Mobile Deployable Communications Conference in Warsaw, Poland on the 30th and 31st January 2020.
By: SMi Group
Register by Monday 30th September to save £400 with the early bird discount. Registrations can be made on the event website.
This annual military conference is the only one of its kind to address CIS in the Eastern European operational environment. As the capabilities of near-peer adversaries increase, the necessity to remain on the cutting edge of mobile deployable communication grows ever more important.
Key regional CIS program managers and communication experts will share updates and guidance regarding future equipment requirements and procurement processes. In addition to the regional presenters, their international allies will present on tactical edge communication and ensuring interoperability.
Regional presentations at the conference will include:
1) Modern CIS Demands and Strategy of the Polish Armed Forces
Brigadier General Robert Drozd, Chief of the Command and Control J6 Directorate, Polish Armed Forces
2) Polish CIS R&D: Supporting the Mobile Warrior with Cutting-Edge Communications
Dr Joanna Sliwa, Head of C4I Systems, Military Communications Institute
3) Delivering Communications at the Tactical Edge: Romanian CIS
Colonel Mihai Burlacu, Deputy Head of Communications and IT Department, Romanian Defence Staff
4) CIS within the Lithuanian Armed Forces: Building New Capabilities
Major Dainius Aleksa, CIS Senior Officer, Defence Staff, Lithuanian Armed Forces
5) NATO Force Integration Unit Poland: Enabling a Rapidly Deployable CIS Capability
Major Krystian Strzalkowski, J6 Branch Head, NFIU POL, NATO Force Integration Unit Poland
6) Challenges and Opportunities in Cyber Security of Mobile Communications Systems
Lieutenant Colonel Bartosz Jasiul, Head of Cyber Security Laboratory, Military Communication Institute
7) Cyber Resilience for Deployable Communications through NATO Frameworks
Mr Wieslaw Gozdziewicz, Cyber Security Expert, Kosciuszko Institute
There will also be a pre-conference workshop held on 29th January. The workshop on 'The Challenge of Electromagnetic Disruption' will be led by Colonel (Ret'd) Ralph Thiele, Director, Stratbyrd Consulting.
The full event programme and speaker line up is available for download from the event website at: https://www.smi-
-- END –
Mobile Deployable Communications Conference
30-31 January 2020