Silva Construction Restores Fire Damaged Master Bedroom
Silva Construction, a residential and commercial remodeling company serving the south bay area of Los Angeles, recently restored a home that had been damaged by a fire.
The fire in the home was started by an incandescent light bulb that was in one of the closets in the downstairs master bedroom. The contents of the house, down to the studs, were totally destroyed or damaged. Although many of the framing members had to be replaced, the overall structure stayed intact. Three small ceramic cows survived the fire which are now displayed in their new kitchen.
The family decided to renovate and add onto their current space, adding a new balcony with a larger master bedroom. The steps Silva Construction had to take to renovate their room included:
Tearing out all of the fire damage from the fire.
Drawing up plans for the new addition for the balcony and getting it approved by the city.
Replacing or repairing all damaged wood, framing and plumbing so the structure could be sound again.
Building the foundation, framing, plumbing and electrical to complete the add-on and the rest of the room to a full restoration.
Dave Silva, Executive Director of Silva Construction, stated "It is very rewarding to work with a family that was hit by a tragedy like this, and help make them whole by putting their home back into shape for them to live in it again. "
Dave Silva and David Clarke are owners of Silva Construction, Inc., located in San Pedro, CA. The company has over 40 years of experience in remodeling construction, and serves Southern California's South Bay area, including Westchester, El Segundo, Manhattan Beach, San Pedro, Hermosa Beach, Palos Verdes Estates, Rancho Palos Verdes, Rolling Hills, Harbor City, Lomita, Torrance, and other select areas. Their blog can be seen at https://www.silvaconstruction.com/