Five Health Benefits of Lion Pose (Simhasana)
By: AYM Yoga School
Steps to go into lion pose:
1. Kneel down on your knees, keeping your knees shoulder-width apart.
2. Place your right ankle on your left ankle and sit comfortably on your heels. Now keep your palms over your knees and press firmly over it.
3. Now inhale through your nose and while doing it, open your mouth and stretch your tongue out. Keep the tip out of your tongue towards your chin. Now while exhaling through your mouth make a sound 'ha' that should be powerful enough.
4. Try to focus your gaze between your eyebrows or you can focus on the tip of nose too.
5. Repeat this asana 3 to 4 times while switching the position of the leg.
· It is best to avoid simhasana if you have weak knees.
· If you have week wrist, then it is best to practice simhasana in Vajarasna position.
· It is best to perform this yoga pose on an empty stomach, or you must leave the gap of at least six hours between your practice and your meals. You can also perform this yoga pose with other sitting poses like lotus pose and consult an experienced yoga practitioner before performing any yoga asana.
Benefits of Lion pose:
· These are some fantastic health benefits of Simhasana.
· It helps in reducing stress and tension from your system, especially from your chest and your face.
· It firms your throat muscles by stimulating platysma, which is a thin rectangular muscle that lies in the front of your throat. It also lifts your face and fixes the problem of bad breathing.
· It activates your three major yoga bandhas that is mula bandha, jalandhara bandha, and Uddiyana bandha.
· It strengthens your hands and fingers and also relieves you from back pain.
For more information just visit : https://www.indianyogaassociation.com/