How New Charities Get Funding Through Vehicle Donations
Cars2Charities is a third-party company that handles vehicle donations on behalf of hundreds of nonprofit organizations nationwide. Car donations are an effective form of charity fundraising.
Cars2Charities is a third-party company that handles vehicle donations on behalf of hundreds of nonprofit organizations nationwide. Car donations are an effective form of charity fundraising, in part because most Americans have easy access to the process. Oftentimes we aren't aware that the car we own can become support for a favorite nonprofit cause.
The Donation Process
There is a simple and reliable process that Cars2Charities has been utilizing for 30 years, continually making alterations to better serve vehicle donors and new charities receiving funds through the program.
We make it easy for clients by limiting their responsibility and taking charge of more steps in the process than they may find elsewhere. Those include the following:
1. Call or submit an online donation request form on the website Cars2Charities.org
2. Schedule a pickup with one of our associates.
3. We send you a receipt that confirms your donation and you choose the charity to receive proceeds from the sale of your vehicle.
4. We pick up your vehicle at a predetermined date & time – one that's convenient for you.
5. We add value to your vehicle by making necessary alterations to the vehicle.
6. We sell your vehicle for you.
7. You, the donor, receive a tax receipt with the selling price for your records and the car donation charity does as well.
8. Your chosen charity receives an invoice and a check for net proceeds.
Car Donation Charity Fundraising Results
When an individual, or an estate or other entity donates a car to charity, the nonprofit group receives 50-70% of the proceeds. The process at Cars2Charities is aimed at maximizing that number.
After we've been contacted by the donor and we pick up the vehicle donation, we bring the car to our expert technicians for assessment. By checking the condition of the car and assessing its value, we can make necessary alterations that typically raises the sale price by 25-50% before selling it at auction.
Service fees are detracted from the sale price of the vehicle, and specific charities have individual service fees based on the service agreement they have with Cars2Charities.
For more information visit: https://www.cars2charities.org/