First Camp in New Hampshire to be Certified in Camp Mental Health
By: Let's Empower, Advocate, and Do!
LEAD intends to certify every American camp in CMH by 2025, as proactive mental health education of all camp staff is vital to ensuring a safe and nurturing environment for campers and college-aged staff. The course was designed after LEAD's executives conducted research (https://docs.google.com/
As one in five youth suffers from a severe mental illness and 70% of youth with mental illness fail to receive treatment, every camp professional should be certified in Camp Mental Health certification (https://docs.google.com/
This week, LEAD is celebrating Camp Gottalikeachallenge's certification in CMHC because it is the FIRST camp to be certified in the state of New Hampshire!
Many of Camp Gottalikeachallenge's camp counselors reported what they learned, felt, and took away from the course.
• "I feel more educated on the topic of mental illnesses, and I will be able to notice the signs and symptoms for my future as a camp counselor and as a citizen of society."
• "A great experience that helps prepare counselors to best serve a range of kids."
• "Long overdue and well worth the time"
• "Informative, engaging and important information for anyone working with youth in the camp environment"
• It's unique; you won't really find information like this anywhere else, especially not camp-specific."
LEAD looks forward to certifying more summer camps throughout the United States. If you would like more information about Camp Mental Health Certification, please contact Kyrah Altman, Exof LEAD, Inc. at 508-717-1243 or email at Kyrah@LEADnow.org.