Explore the Refund Policy of United Airlines
United Airlines is world's largest airline with a fleet size of 738. It is headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas. The airline covers over more than 350 destinations.
The entire ticket amount will be refunded except for sale imposed nonrefundable taxes and service charge if he booking is don through airline's reservations center.
The United airlines refund policy allows its passengers to cancel their flight tickets within 24 hours of ticket purchase if the departure is 2 days away and receive a full refund.
There are several important things the refund policy mentions.
• Refund can be requested for following services:
1. Baggage fee
2. Pet fee
3. Priority service
4. Preferred seat
5. Main Cabin seat
6. Same-day flight change
• A refund can be requested both online and offline. Passengers can visit the airlines website and request a refund or they can also contact airline's reservations center.
• The refund will be returned in the same mode of payment passengers used while purchasing the ticket.
• For refund to be returned in the credit card, a period of 7 days may be taken. The refund will show in passenger's statement in a few billing cycles.
• For refund to be returned in cash or check, a period of 20 days may be taken.
• Nonrefundable tickets are not applicable for a refund.
• However in case of death of a passenger or travelling companion or flight change of more than 61 minutes or military orders a nonrefundable ticket is also subject to a full refund. But few taxes and fee will not be refunded.
• The unused value of the United Airlines ticket can be used for a future trip if the trip is done within a year from booking date and the original ticket is before the departure of flight. However this depends on fare rules.
• For tickets purchased through a travel agent or other website, refunds need to be requested through them.