New Forest Food & Drink Fortnight Set to Showcase Local Produce (3– 16 November 2019)
By: Go New Forest
From rare Pannage Pork produced from the pigs in the annual acorn sweep, to flour ground at the working 900-year-old Eling tide mill, to beer brewed at Ringwood Brewery which is enjoyed in pubs throughout southern England.
Comments Anthony Climpson, Chief Executive of Go New Forest: "We have a wealth of local produce here in the forest and the Food & Drink Fortnight, which will comprise many different and fun events, and provide a chance for visitors and locals alike to sample the wares and see for themselves what a gastronomic corner of England the New Forest is."
Events in the 2019 New Forest Food & Drink Fortnight will follow several themes, namely:
· Cheese & the Forest Larder * For the Kids Our Future Foodies
· Forest Fish & Fruits of our Sea * Glorious Game & Roaring Fires
· Heritage, Artisan & Charcuterie * Hungry Halloween
· New Forest Breakfast & Brunch * Our Sensational Pannage Pig
· Sip & Savour * Sizzling Steaks & Perfect Pies
· Sweet Forest Somethings * The Great Forest Banger
· The New Forest Forager * The Vegetarian Forest Feast
· The Very English Afternoon Tea
Over the following weeks, details of the Food & Drink Fortnight will be unrolled, and added to the New Forest's destination website: www.thenewforest.co.uk.
The website also has details of hundreds of different accommodation options from camping to five-star hotels and everything in between – and at the lowest prices guaranteed to be found on the Internet.
To be kept up to date with all the latest New Forest news, sign up to the weekly e-newsletter at www.thenewforest.co.uk/
Mick Thompson, Travel Dog PR
01256 357 696