News By Tag
News By Place
Follow on Google News
Free Showing of Powerful Documentary 'I Learned It From You' at Ft. Lauderdale Movie Theater
Florida Filmmaker's Documentary Hopes to Reverse the Desire to Commit Mass Shootings Via Free Screening of Film
'I Learned It From You' is a documentary about racial attitudes. In 2019, 'I Learned It From You' was Officially Selected by three film festivals and is now a best-selling book.
1. Global Indian Film Festival (Mumbai, India)
2. Independent Talents International Film Festival (Bloomington, Indiana)
3. CKF International Film Festival (Swindon, England)
This film was produced, directed, and written by Kevin Douglas Wright. In the book and in the film, Kevin interviewed six randomly selected people born between 1946 and 1953. He asked each of the interviewees the same six questions:
1. When were you born?
2. Where did you grow up during your childhood years?
3. What color were your childhood friends?
4. What childhood games did you play?
5. What is your earliest memory of someone pointing out to you that there is a major difference between being a black person [a person of color] and being a white person?
6. How do you see the future?
Kevin ended with, "As each interview unfolds and each question is answered by each interviewee, their real-life stories consistently reveal someone teaching something that has been responsible for destroying people, cities, states, and countries, in front of our eyes, for hundreds of years."
This free event is sponsored by Filmed in Broward. It will take place at the Savor Cinema Fort Lauderdale http://www.fliff.com/
Kevin Douglas Wright
Page Updated Last on: Aug 09, 2019