TEDxCollier Heights comes to Douglass High School
TEDxCollier Heights hosts its inaugural event with the theme of 'Atlanta Influences Everything'
By: TEDxCollier Heights
Scheduled to take place on Marcus Garvey's 132h birthday, the inaugural event will feature several speakers who will discuss various topics, for 8-17 minutes each, surrounding the shared theme of "Atlanta Influences Everything,"
TEDx Collier Heights has brought together a group of Atlanta natives who have actively worked to improve the city through their respective professors and interests; speakers include:
- Odie Donald, City Manager for the City of South Fulton, Georgia
- Dr. Taj Anwar Baoll, sociologist, veteran community organizer and activist
- Dr. Joycelyn Wilson, anthropologist and professor of hip-hop studies
- Richard Dunn, culture, community, commerce strategist
- Dr. Nicole Garner Scott, serial entrepreneur and financial consultant
- Bem Joiner, culture curator and owner of "Atlanta Influencers Everything"
- Zachary "Big Zak" Wallance, songwriter and owner of Local Greens
- Lisa Cunningham, producer/director and member of the inaugural LGBTQ for the city of Atlanta
An independently organized TEDx event in Atlanta, Georgia, TEDx CollierHeights' will explore the southern city with a population that has proven capacity to have an effect on the character, development, and behavior of everything on a local, national, and global scale.
"Collier Heights has had a significant impact on not just on the city, but the country as well. Residents of Collier Heights have influenced art, culture, and government. In an age where everything is at our finger-tips it was important for me to share this cultural jewel with a generation who may not know and pay homage to those who paved the way," said Ann Hill-Bond, Licensee & Curator for TEDxCollier Heights.
For more information or to purchase tickets please visit www.tedxcollierheights.com.