Vaccine Injuries from the Tdap tetanus vaccine
Vaccine Injuries are rare, but real. What can happen from a Tdap tetanus Shot? Plenty.
By: Gold Law Firm
Tdap vaccine can protect adolescents and adults from tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis. One dose of Tdap is routinely given at age 11 or 12. People who did not get Tdap at that age should get it as soon as possible.
Problems that could happen after any vaccine:
• People sometimes faint after a medical procedure, including vaccination. Sitting or lying down for about 15 minutes can help prevent fainting, and injuries caused by a fall. Tell your doctor if you feel dizzy, or have vision changes or ringing in the ears.
• Some people get severe pain in the shoulder and have difficulty moving the arm where a shot was given. This happens very rarely.
• Any medication can cause a severe allergic reaction. Such reactions from a vaccine are very rare, estimated at fewer than 1 in a million doses, and would happen within a few minutes to a few hours after the vaccination.
For more information, visit the Vaccine Safety(https://
What if there is a serious problem?
What should I look for?
• Look for anything that concerns you, such as signs of a severe allergic reaction, very high fever, or unusual behavior.
• Signs of a severe allergic reaction can include hives, swelling of the face and throat, difficulty breathing, a fast heartbeat, dizziness, and weakness. These would usually start a few minutes to a few hours after the vaccination.
• Encephalopathy or encephalitis
• Shoulder Injury Related to Vaccine Administration (SIRVA)
• Pertussis containing vaccines can also cause an inflammation of the nerves in your shoulder and arm called Brachial Neuritis. Brachial Neuritis can be extremely painful and usually appears after between 2-28 days after receiving the vaccine.
What should I do?
• If you think it is a severe allergic reaction or other emergency that can't wait, call 9-1-1 or get the person to the nearest hospital. Otherwise, call your doctor.
The National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program
The National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (VICP) is a federal program that was created to compensate people who may have been injured by certain vaccines.
Gold Law Firm, LLC, is a national vaccine law firm that gets compensation for those injured as a result of a vaccine. The federal vaccine trust fund was set up because vaccine injuries, while rare, are real. Contact as at 781-239-1000 or email@example.com
Vaccine Injury Law is all we do.
Howard S. Gold