IMUA Kicks Off The Dog Days Of Summer With Diverse Professional Development Schedule
By: Inland Martine Underwriters Associaiton
In making the announcement, Kevin O'Brien, IMUA President & CEO, said, "This summer we are pleased to offer another diverse schedule of educational opportunities for IMUA members and brokers. The topics represent an excellent opportunity for those new to the industry, as well as those just seeking to hone their inland marine skills. There is something for everybody."
The IMUA professional development webinar series includes :
Supply Chain Security Issues -- Tuesday, August 6, 2019 -- 2:00pm - 3:00pm ET
This session will focus on underwriting concerns due to vulnerabilities and inefficiencies in supply chain security.
· 6 Areas of attack and 8 methods to gain entry in less than 35 seconds when conventional compliant sealing devices are used by shippers.
· Recognized vulnerability touchpoints while in transit.
· Low tech methods used by criminals to breach conveyances.
Weather & Increased CAT Events -- Wednesday, August 14, 2019 -- 2:00pm - 3:15pm ET
This session is an update of the widely acclaimed presentation done at the 2019 Annual Meeting.
· What are the latest scientific views on changing weather patterns?
· How does changing weather patterns impact the frequency and severity of North American catastrophe events?
· What lessons have been learned? What can we do about the future?
IoT: Better Data = Better Decisions –Tuesday, August 27, 2019 -- 2:00pm - 3:00pm ET
How telematics and IoT technology can intelligently inform underwriting and risk transfer strategies for inland marine exposures.
· Fast evolving telematics technology can provide greater insights and real-time conditions supported by data platforms and sharing capabilities.
· Hardware is getting faster, smarter and more useful for internal safety/maintenance and external logistics/ analytics for 3rd parties.
· Telematics moving beyond a "total cost of ownership" (TCO) tool for internal use by fleets to "must-have" equipment for doing business in the transportation sector.
Intermodal Transportation & Underwriting Issues --Wednesday, September 11, 2019 -- 2:00pm - 3:15pm ET
Cargo transportation is evolving. Movement of containers by rail is a growing trend across the U.S. Learn how the operations at Appalachian Regional Port (ARP) are impacting regional shipping.
· Infrastructure issues for consideration.
· Reliability & security issues.
· Alternatives to all day truck.
· The challenges of moving 50,000 containers per year
For more information or to register online visit the IMUA website at www.imua.organd click on the Upcoming Events tab. Contact Allie Monreale at firstname.lastname@example.org call 212-233-0550to learn more.